Search This Blog

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Two Become Three

(Scott) - Betsy and I are very thankful for each other, family, friends, and vocations.  I didn't expect to be blessed with a new member of our family so soon...no 'practice time' for us.  We are so fortunate to be expecting our first child this summer and we look forward to the changes that are ahead.  Apparently, people believe me to be a 'neat-freak'; however, I term my behavior as 'normal'.   That being said, people seem to think this means God will give us messy kids.  I will do my best to raise our kids 'normal' but am actually ready for the messes and craziness forthcoming. 

This past Friday, February 10th, we went to have an ultrasound which would reveal the gender of this little turnip.  We both were just rooting for a healthy little baby.  Once the ultrasound commenced, we were both in amazement at the level of detail of this 6 ounce blessing.  The baby was moving around a lot and it was great to see all the little features...this kid is going to be hyper.  It took awhile to unveil the the gender 'indicator' or lack thereof but all the build up to that point reemphasized our lack of desire for one gender over the other.  The position and movement of the baby made the gender search difficult but then we heard the technician say, 'oh!'.  That reaction means - baby boy!

We are very thankful for this little man and we look at the ultrasound pics all the time.  He has a nice little profile but we are biased.   We are definitely looking forward to his arrival this summer.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats you guys! You'll make awesome parents. If you need any help with registry or advice or whatever, my memory is still fresh since our little guy isn't even 2wks old yet! :)

    Such an exciting time and blessing. I think you need to insert a number 31 to your list....having a baby!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I agree, Melissa. Parker is just so handsome and precious. I may be in touch for some registry advice!!

      Delete