Search This Blog

Friday, September 3, 2010

I cheated!!

(Betsy): Ok...so...you know that whole request from me in my earlier blog about praying that I didn't burn the house down...well, I was serious! I need your prayers, people!

Tuesday started out a lovely day. The weather was perfect, I was on time to work, and my amazing boyfriend had my lunch ready to go--tortilla chips, cheese, and a yogurt. My morning flew by, and I was all smiles....

Those smiles quickly turned to looks of horror when I realized I had set my office microwave on fire. I was trying to melt some cheese on the tortilla chips when I noticed the smell of smoke. Apparently, you can't microwave paper plates with aluminum on them (they were little plates from a child's birthday party with some crazy cartoon character)...who knew!

I quickly put the small fire out (turns out, I exaggerated a bit in the previous paragraph--i only sent the plate up in flames--not the entire microwave) with some water from a sink nearby. Needless to say, my lunch was burnt, and I had a major headache (probably induced from the stress of putting out a fire combined with an empty stomach). Then, I totally broke down. I admit it! I drove to the Mexican restaurant down the street, Real Hacienda, and bought chicken nachos!

Scott helped me rationalize the situation and made me feel better about eating out. So, we are adding one more day to our challenge to counteract my little episode at work. September 24th can not come soon enough!

2 comments:

  1. I love this...... and I am sending over Smokey the bear!!! Love, Teta

    ReplyDelete
  2. This reminds me of the time we tried to make tacos in the dorm! And, as you may remember, I've set a microwave on fire before, too. Apparently, the dang thing will go up in smoke if you turn it on for 40 minutes without anything in it. We live and learn, I guess! :)

    ReplyDelete