Search This Blog

Saturday, September 11, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

(Betsy): Hello all! I hope everyone is enjoying the transition from summer to fall. While I'm a huge fan of warmer weather, I'd have to say, fall is probably my favorite season; there is something refreshing about crisp air, and who doesn't love the beautiful outdoors during September/October?!

Like most of you, Scott and I started our September with a long, fun-filled weekend (with a lot of studying in between). Friday afternoon, we drove to the central library where I was able to get a significant amount of reading done for class, and Scott was able to finish up some things from his work week. The downtown library is gorgeous. In the past couple of years, the structure has changed quite a bit, and visitors get this cool "old/traditional meets modern/state-of-the-art" experience. It is definitely worth checking out if you are in the area.

On Saturday, Scott's parents came down for the last Indianapolis Indians' game. We enjoyed some wine at Tastings before heading to Weber Grill where we met Scott's aunt, uncle, and cousins (It was so great meeting you guys!). After a great dinner, we headed to the game (less than a mile walk) on a perfect night. Although I've never been a huge baseball fan, it has been fun learning baseball lingo. I now know what a pinch-hitter is, and I am slowly learning the dynamic between the different professional levels (i.e. Indians versus Yankees,etc.). Scott is super excited to take me to a Cubs' game (on our 30 list!), and, from what he has told me, the subculture at these games is nothing short of exciting...Anyway, I don't know that I've ever sat through an entire baseball game, but the fireworks show at the end of the game certainly made it worth it! We also were able to enjoy the entire night for less than $40. Between Tastings, dinner, and food at the game, we could have easily spent $70-80, but by budgeting and only spending cash, we were much more aware of where our money was going. Call us nerds, but we were SO excited about that!

We also spent Sunday with family. We headed to Danville, IN for my family's annual hog roast. Here are some pics we snapped:

Breena and Scott
My dad and his beautiful wife, JC :)

Only the sweetest little cousins ever....Chris and Nick!!!!
The poor hog!
Hanna!!! and myself
Grandpa Al, my wonderful mother, and Janet L.








Finally, on Monday, Scott and I got to spend some quality time together at one of our favorite spots at the Lily Gardens in Indy (pictured to the right). The Lily Gardens is a seriously beautiful  hidden treasure, located behind the Indianapolis Museum of Art. There, we finished Mindfulness which turned out to be a really great book despite the sometimes drag content. I'll save my thoughts on the book...and share my absolute favorite story from it...for another post!



Also, I wanted to let some people know (specifically, Mo and Amanda) that you can subscribe to our blog (down at the bottom of the blog page) or "follow" us if you have a gmail account. You will automatically be sent updates when we update. I'll also send you the directions in an e-mail.













2 comments:

  1. Be proud of your mother! I caught up on your blog. God blessed me with a great kid....and i kinda like Scott too :)

    ReplyDelete