Search This Blog

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Weekend in Florida

(Betsy): Scott and I are back from a great weekend in Florida. We spent some time in both Hollywood (at Polly and Bob's condo) and in Key Largo at the Key Largo Grande Resort and Beach Club. We had a relaxing weekend and were able to help celebrate the marriage of one of my sorority sisters (Michelle) and her new husband, Eric.

The wedding was beautiful--simple yet elegant. Two of my favorite things about the wedding were the reception room light fixtures and the beach-themed wedding cake. I snapped a few pics, of course:













I was also able to catch up with some great friends--Lindsey, Tricia, and Erica (all Chi Omega girls).

When we weren't celebrating with Michelle and Eric, Scott and I enjoyed lounging at the resort's beach and pool. I finished The Shack (Wm. Paul Young) and Scott got caught up on some work obligations. Don't worry. He didn't work too hard!

Here are some pictures of Scott and I at the reception, the resort pool, and the resort beach:

Nothing was accomplished on our 30 list, but I will say that this is our last vacation for quite a while. We are both inspired and motivated to save, save, save!

We both feel extremely lucky to have access to a great beach condo (thank you, Teta!), but feel that putting off vacations for a while (probably about a year) will be so rewarding in the end.

Stay tuned for white water rafting trip details!

1 comment: